Shipping Container House Cladding Painted
Today the scaffolding was taken down and revealed all the good work we have put into the house over the last 6 weeks. There were many late nights working with floodlights in the rain, the weather was against us for most of the time. We are very lucky to have large 1m eaves which allowed us to paint in light rain. The scaffolding guys arrived around 9am and worked very quickly in a team of 7 to pull down all the scaffolding in 1 day. It’ll be time for a big clean up this weekend to put the place back in order and get rid of all the rubbish.
Some nice features of the house:
- We used a clear anodised aluminium strip around the eave cladding instead of timber quad. This makes the lines around the house look very straight and sharp. Aluminium is also suitable for a bushfire area where as some timbers are not.
- The textured paint adds a nice subtle feel to the external cladding and looks very nice.
- We installed a tall double glazed glass front entrance door upstairs, the same height as the triple stacker door.
- We have decided to use a wire balustrade, to better experience the view from upstairs.
- The bottom storey will be painted a darker grey, monument colour, and will be left unclad.