Shipping Container House Cladding
Progress over the last few weeks has been good. A huge amount of work has been done.
- We tested different fire rated caulking products and found the acrylic product was rubbish and didn’t set hard while the polyurethane was great.
- We used builders bog and a different filler recommended for external use. The part A/B mix equal mix was good but took much longer to cure, the builders bog worked much better.
- Several paints were tested for colour and finish.
- The cladding panels are mostly 1.2m wide, and some were smaller, the sheets are 1.2m wide so this can save a lot of cutting.
- We caulked the 10mm join and then painted over the top first with a prime coat and then with the top coat.
- We used a textured roller to produce a fine textured finish.